Pages

Something is banging. Someone is yelling.

I suppose it would not be wise for me to keep blogging about my neighborhood up here on Pleasant Hill. Chances are that someone will not take kind to my insight on the current state of public discourse. The reality is for me that I have come back to familiar settings. I have spent more than two-thirds of my life in the hoods of Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Regina. Now pleasant hill.

Story's from the hood? While I write this post, someone outside on the block, a young female is screaming at a balcony at another female who is maybe inside. "Come outside you #$%%#@%! You #^$%@ #&$^@#%@! I'll show you how to #&$^#! " Something like that. There's also someone or something banging outside and almost sounds like wood on steel. Nice cool and wet outside. The sirens, motorcycle rumbles, and the john's pickup truck and SUV motors, resonate a little louder. The street is alive with barking dogs and screaming.

About 12-13 years ago, I remember a group of us Dawgs having a party in Regina at one of our local friend's house. She was renting there with her boyfriend. It seems that she didn't pay her rent as we were all to find out. There was a knock on the door that was finally heard over the loud music and beer bottle clanking. Before our friend got the door, 2 men when walked right inside by having the keys to the lock.

One guy was about 50-55 and the other about 35-40. All of us were under 25.
The older gentleman stood forward and said, "You see this man here! He is my enforcer when it comes to collecting the rent!" The dude stood over 6 feet and was muscular. There was 5 of us Dawgs there and all really wirey, gruff, with tuff atittudes. We all just looked at each other.

In the split second that one of us would have stood up and made the first move, the big dude said, "Don't even think about it! I got a gun and dont need to use it! I could easily take on all #%$@# ndns and make it hurt!" His tactic worked. We were all to sober to make the stupid mistake of attacking after a statement like that. Plus our friend jumped and said "Wait! I have the money! Come back on monday for it!"

As she and her landlord starting exchanging squabbles us dudes were just sitting there lock-jawed. Finally our good hombre on the couch got up slowly and said "Fack this! You think you can shoot us all in here and get away with it! You're facking jiving us man!" Dude with concealed gun replied," I don't have to think nothing, Im just here to get you out no matter what. So if anyone else wants to step into it nows the chance. Because in 2 minutes if you're not outside i'll be taking you outside!"

STOP HERE! DIGNITY? COURAGE? BRAVERY? WHO HAD IT?

I really think the dude had a gun. I thank the creator that for that one special occasion where I didn't see what the Dawgs would do 99 percent of the time in a situation like that. Because I really believed this guy had a gun. I am not ashamed to say that we cowarded if that was what you think we did. I now think it was surreal.

So with that little memory out in the open...I wonder if I should rock the boat with the current landlord here in Saskatchewan. What if it's the same one? What if a Saskatchewan Slum Lord reads or get's word of this post and sends more dudes out on the mission to silence the one that got away?!?! This one's different they'll say. get him!

thought's of grandeur...ok! im guilty!

I wanted a screen for my patio doors since I moved in and the washer dryer fixed in the basement. Dont get me wrong. Im not living in squalor.

I dont have to live here. Im actually thinking of looking higher in the sky...or to the greener grass on the east side of the river. No need to try and gentrify here huh?

()___)_______)))~~~(T