Pages

I Am Nobody

Well ok maybe not that bad. LOL. I think the process of regaining your documents that prove your identity sucks! The Goverment of Canada places a link to some hints if you ever you lose your I.D. I like the way they tell you not to panic. They should just write that you are so facked if you lose your I.D., especially while if you are in a major transition in life. If you are a young man in Saskatchewan such as myself *ahem*... not being able to prove your identity or age is very humiliating.

I think the bureacacy needs to change with the times. I think it's not fair for the government to hold my personal information especially a photographic image and not let me identify myself to them at a goverment kiosk where the bureacratic is sitting there looking at an image of me and telling me I am not me. Even, if I tell the person I can sign my name on a piece of paper exactly like the identical person on the screen in front of them and tell them

For myself, I am presently riding the part of the vortex that strips you of your money and time. Good thing I had a job before the loss.

I paid $60 (express service for next day delivery instead of the $25 4-6 week wait), plus postage, plus cost of bandwidth / internet usage for downloading the PDF form from Vital Statistics of Manitoba. Plus I paid long distance for the call back to Manitoba to inquire from a real person as to what I have to do. Don't forget my paper and ink cartridge costs. Estimated price for the luxurious return of my pictureless and signatureless document is around $62 CDN.

If I were broke and homeless. I would have to work for a temporary labour agency at 6.65 an hour. If paid daily, I would net around 50-60 dollars after taxes if I got lucky and were able to work 8 hours. I would be really lucky if the agency didnt require a Social Insurance Card shown before employment as required by the law. Good thing I wear my ponytail long and still look very native to this country. Oh..forgot if that the agency doesn't disperse cash. I would have to go to a Cheque Cashing place like Money Mart and have more money stripped away.

I feel so sorry for those who lose everything in another country. It happened to me once before in the United States. Yup

()___)______)))~~~keep a copy of id somewhere